It’s been a weird week so it was nice to spend this rainy weekend getting many things done that I’ve been meaning to do for ages. We went to the market in Castelnau-le-Lez to get our fruit, veg and other specialty deli items (nuts! sun dried tomatoes! olives! fromage!!) then spent the rest of the day experimenting with our new pressure cooker.
Tom made a delicious makhani gravy and there was so much we’ve frozen most of it to use later. We worked out that it would also be a great way to make my red pepper and tomato soup – much better than using cans or bottled veg as I have been doing up until now!
Then today I finally pulled out the sewing machine for the first time in many, many months. I’ve been meaning to fix the hems on a couple of pairs of trousers for ages – such a simple thing, really! – but it’s one of those tasks that have been put off for some reason. Then a few weeks ago Tom ripped a flannel shirt that he goes cycling in and I resolved to fix it but it also went into the ‘things to do’ pile…
Anyway, today I pulled out the Singer and set it up and got those ‘things to do’ done. Two pairs of trousers now no longer need to be rolled up and the ripped fabric has been interfaced and mended. I won’t pretend the mending was a great job, but it was the first time I’ve really used the zigzag foot and as long as it holds for a little bit longer it will at least have been a learning experience!